Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド

Go Back   Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド > Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド > General Discussion ディスカッション

General Discussion ディスカッション Chat about gaming, Beat'em-up, Shoot'em-up, Driving games etc...

Old 29th June 2017, 00:18   #1
minerdude456
Apprentice Shooter

Cameo Tenth freakin' year in a row, AtGames!?

Well, as is to be expected from AtGames, they're pulling another crappy Genesis clone outta their butts. And this time they're not only disgracing the greatness that is the Genesis, they're basing the new one off the Model 1—design-wise, anyway! Same bad emulation is to be expected from the "Sega Genesis Flashback" as they're calling it this year...yeah, like flashbacks come with crappy sound and emulation that all-around misrepresents the real thing! Thanks, but no thanks, AtGames...I'll stick with a REAL Genesis. (Fires up an actual Model 1)
...And it's the tenth friggin' year straight now...AtGames' favoritism of Atari more than confirmed.
Feel free to leave your thoughts down below...who else agrees that after so many years disgracing Sonic, Mortal Kombat, MegaMan, Street Fighter, and many, many other games, and now even ripping off the Model 1's looks, (nostalgia not necessarily ftw) AtGames should be out of business by now?!
...Or at least don't bother with the Geniclones. Or, even better, use some decent goddamn emulation. Ooh, ooh, or...don't bother with emulation and use a good GOAC or clone the hardware well!!

By the way, tl;dr...
F, AtGames are making another bad Genesis clone!
Discord username: minerdude456 (#9542)
3DS friend code: 2208 - 9425 - 5653
Retro for life!! (Gradius included!!)
minerdude456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 04:41   #2
MSd7342
Apprentice Shooter

Default Re: Tenth freakin' year in a row, AtGames!?

Yeah, they surely should stop doing crappy and poor things.

Recently a friend of mine got one because was cheap as *ck, but what a surprise he got...
It was supposed to be a gift, but it was going to include Super Street Fighter II, what was the problem? The game boots perfectly on any other official Genesis, not on that one, it just makes a purple screen and nothing else...

This is why, I don't really care for clone consoles, unleast they are decent and most of them, are just Android based devices (Like the GPD XD) most of them, are just bad as hell.
MSd7342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 04:05   #3
Hugo SL
Rookie

I don't use consoles. I use computers instead. Sorry for re-registering, as Hugo SL. Yahoo banned, my previous email address, so I had to re-register, to this site. I am still Hugo Lowenstein, as before. I wish James, of Gamestone, can transfer my account, to this one. Thanks.
Hugo SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 07:07   #4
minerdude456
Apprentice Shooter

Understandable, Hugo.
I've seen a little footage of the new clone a while back, and ...well, it's different. In a good way? Meh...don't think so.
Certainly sounds a little better in that it's running a new emulator that seems to clock and tune things better. Green Hill Zone, for instance, has everything pitched just about right. Still not perfect but it's an improvement.
The same clone unfortunately also has a bit of space taken up by those shovelware-rank clones and other garbage "homebrew" titles from before, but on the bright side also packed in some Game Gear and Master System games—hold up there, what? Might as well just call it the Sega Flashback, then!
8-bit console sound quality was choppy and comparable to the Java-based arcade emulator "Cottage," at least in the first review batch. I have no info on the actual release improving upon this, nor do I for the performance (read: framerate) issues from the review batch, nor for the compatibility issues from the days of Firecore.
Also the menu is pointlessly hell to navigate in comparison to literally any other menu. Using the buttons to navigate instead of...I dunno, just the d-pad to navigate and one button to select...clearly a good idea there, eh AtGames? T.T Riiight.
In the end, I think there's been a slight improvement, but it's still not something I feel like jumping on. Especially since I much prefer my Model 1 already and it's AtGames so slight improvements are slight. Love to see some comparisons by some people eventually, though, and your thoughts on it in general, from what you can make of this in this new lengthy post and at least some YouTube footage you find.
Discord username: minerdude456 (#9542)
3DS friend code: 2208 - 9425 - 5653
Retro for life!! (Gradius included!!)
minerdude456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 23:34   #5
Hugo SL
Rookie

Thanks, Minerdude! That's nice.