Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド

Go Back   Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド > Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド > Parodius パロディウス

Parodius パロディウス Related information and chat

Old 28th June 2017, 17:37   #1
Death MK-2
Apprentice Shooter

Default If Konami'll create a new Parodius game, what you'll expect for it?

I'm not a very huge fan of Parodius, but I'm curious what you want to see in a new game. You can also post entire game concepts as well.

First of all, I need 3D graphics and an actual story.
Second, it'll be nice to see some character-related minigames:

Vic Viper/Lord British/Shooting Star/Black Viper: Interstellar Race
The player flies through space while avoiding obstacles such as meteors, beating typical enemies and battling five easy bosses (Big Core, Riot Warship, Death MK-2 (laser only), Gunner Wall, and Brain (mix of Xaerous Brain and Brain Golem)). The further you go without dying and the more enemies you beat, the more points you get!

Pentarou/Hanako/Ivan/Toby: Snowy Slide
The player slides through Penguin Adventure-like way while avoiding seals and giant snowballs. The gun has a limited ammo that can be increased by collecting little snowballs. Near the end you'll meet Pentarou X that flies in front of you and spits out big icicles. You mustn't defeat him as he will retreat after a while.

Tako/Takosuke/Takohiko/Belial: Fruit Fever
It's just a Pac Man-like maze.

TwinBee/Winbee: Bell Battle
You're flying under Dr. Mardock's airship that constantly drops various bells and enemies. Your mission is to collect a set amount of bells with certain color in a three-minute time period. Touching an enemy causes you to lose 10 bells.

Also, I want to see Vic Viper and Lord British as human-sized Transformers-like robots.

Last edited by Death MK-2; 30th June 2017 at 15:41.
Death MK-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 00:21   #2
minerdude456
Apprentice Shooter

Location: Nemesis 3, gravity area. Heavily damaged and awaiting rescue.
Default Re: If Konami'll create a new Parodius game, what you'll expect for it?

Here's a thought: have Bomberman and maybe Black Bomberman as playable characters since Konami own the franchise!
I'll add some more ideas as I think of them. When it comes to Parodius, you gotta think way outside the box!
Discord username: minerdude456 (#9542)
3DS friend code: 2208 - 9425 - 5653
Retro for life!!
minerdude456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 17:20   #3
Death MK-2
Apprentice Shooter

FAN Based Game Re: If Konami'll create a new Parodius game, what you'll expect for it?

Sounds good to me. I've came with a story idea.

After the events of Sexy Parodius, the protagonists decide to take a vacation. Soon, Lord British gets annoyed by lack of danger and asks Vic Viper for a diversionary action. Suddenly, an explosion occurs and Captain Penguinovsky (aka Pirate Penguin) appears. He attacks the party and states the heroes aren't allowed on "his" island.

Stage 1: Pirate Island
The player has to fly across several islands and pirate ships. Of course, there are bombardier penguins and cannons everywhere. Near the end, a town appears.
Boss 1: Captain Penguinovsky
You'll meet him as a regular-sized penguin. After provoking the player, he uses a pump to inflate himself.
Attacks:
-Shoots slow cannonballs from the cannon he holds.
-Attempts to hit you with his sabre.
The boss is entirely vulnerable. After defeat, he deflates and falls into the sea. You may think he's over, but suddenly he emerges from the water aboard his Cat Battleship.
Boss 2: Cat Battleship MK-2
An Stage 2 miniboss from Gokujō Parodius returns, this time with a propeller that allows him to fly.
Attacks:
-Shoots bullets from his cannons. The cannons can be destroyed.
-Launches three homing missiles from the rear launcher. Both the launcher and the missiles can be destroyed.
Defeating this boss is not neccessary as he will retreat after a while no matter if the player "killed" him or not.

I'll come with more ideas later!

Last edited by Death MK-2; 3rd July 2017 at 18:14.
Death MK-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 22:47   #4
SuperViperT302
Rookie

Diapers.
Don't know how.
Just diapers.
SuperViperT302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 13:36   #5
Death MK-2
Apprentice Shooter

Seriously? Anyway, I'll continue my idea:

Stage 2: Candy Land
The protagonists chased Captain Penguinovsky to this place. Here, you have to reach the end before Cat Battleship will make it. On higher difficulities or ranks, he'll attack you, making the race even harder. This stage is filled with large cakes you have to shoot through.
Boss: Decoration Core MK-3
This boss is a parody of Big Core MK-4 from Gradius V. Its appearance resembles a large mechanical candy rather than lips. To defeat it, the player has to destroy four cherry-like cores (two of them are situated in the main body, while the other two are placed in the arms).
Attacks:
-Detaches his piping bags and shoots waving cream beams. Along with them, some cream globes will appear.
-Charges at the player, and then flies back on-screen.
-Shoots small lasers from his arms.
If the boss is defeated quickly enough, his upper arm will hit the Cat Battleship, causing it to lose stability and fall (it's one of the requirements to get the good ending).