Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド

Go Back   Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド > Fan Based Games ファンベースのゲーム > Nemesis Online

Nemesis Online Forum for the original game Nemesis Online by Kotai

Old 3rd September 2016, 17:33   #211
Arilou Laleelay
Bacterian Beater

Default Re: Main suggestion thread for Nemesis Online

After looking at the very diverse enemy attack patterns in the game Star Mazer I thought it would be cool if you could manually set the flight path of the enemies through the use of waypoints in Nemesis Online.
Old 10th September 2017, 18:25   #212
Arilou Laleelay
Bacterian Beater

It's been a while.

A popular game mechanic nowadays is procedurally generated content. Up to now I know of no Gradius-like game that has randomized levels.

In the editor you could draw map sections the size of 480 by 480 pixels) and every time you play the level the game would randomize these sections.

The type of sections are divided into different kinds, vertical pathway | |, horizontal =, corner sections |_ _| |''' '''|.

Cheers~
Old 11th September 2017, 08:45   #213
kotai
Expert Shooting Star

uff, too much work, but I add it to the "to-do" list.

Kotai
kotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 16:14   #214
Arilou Laleelay
Bacterian Beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotai View Post
uff, too much work, but I add it to the "to-do" list.

Kotai
Haha you are probably right.

PS: Why can't I search for MiniRacing Online on Steam? I thought it was Greenlighted, but it's not under Free Games.
Old 11th September 2017, 23:41   #215
kotai
Expert Shooting Star

MiniRacingOnline has "Green Light" but for publish at Steam I need change game for use API steam, and I have not done it yet.

Kotai
kotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 19:44   #216
Hugo Lowenstein
Craftsman

Hi, Kotai, and Gradius Homeworld, I am here again, after several years off the board. How are things doing? I see there is a "Gradius 2012" video, from Konami's, latest Beatmania arcade game, but no Gradius, Salamander, or Solar Assault game, in sight. Can Kotai, Kickstarter Nemesis Online, and start a game company? This way, Taito, Konami, G-Rev., Treasure Inc. Co, Ltd., Mobile 21, M2, and Kojima Productions, may take this fan creation seriously, and offer help. Note this is not the first time, a fan game became official. Mrs. Pac-Man, was also originally a fan game.

Can Nemesis Online, add the Castlevania Online-type, manual scrolling, to its automatic scrolling? Then levels can be wider, and even wrap around, similar to the official games. Other additions should be: the return of the "!" power up, from Gradius III, a weapon select, and weapon edit mode, high score entry screen, and sound test mode. I have even more crazy ideas. How about 3D graphics, with multiple control/option control, of V, with an analog hat switch, a twin-tailed, twin main engine, Vic Viper, (The Metalion has a single fuselage, as shown in the original Nemesis 2/Gradius 2. Nemesis '90, and Rebirth, changed the Metalion, to resemble the Vic Viper.) as a new craft. (This craft should also have two main thrusters.)

There also should be multiple spacecrafts, to choose from, bonus levels, warp levels, and even a "Warning: Approaching Target," at the level's end. Enemies should come from all directions, even from the foreground, and background. I love to see the special effect, of the boss materializing, in "V," and a city level, a sky level, an ocean level, and even an enemy fleet level. I also love to see the screen, become bright, at the end of the level, and become dark, at the end. The power up bar, should disappear, at the boss fight, and reappear, when it ends. These will be cool! Finally, the Vixen Space Agency logo, should appear in the game. I'm done! Sorry the message is long, as I had a lot to say. I hope these ideas, are okay.

Should this game have multiple screen support, similar to Darius Burst: Another Chronicle EX?

Last, I am looking for both Gradius III-V, and Rebirth, type cheat codes, you type in with your controller, which activates the cheat mode. Here, you can type in more cheat codes. I wish Nemesis Online, will change its name to Nemesis 4, since that never came out. (Hint, hint!) How about these ideas? Are they okay? I hope they aren't bad! If they are, then I am sorry. Thanks!

I love HR_CRF's levels. Can this person, put the PC-Engine/TG-16, Gradius II's, desert temple ruins level, in Nemesis Online? It's my fave level, and my fave music, of the original series! Thanks!

Here's some caveats, (complaints) I have with Nemesis Online. First, you can only use two options/multiples, when Salamander MSX, allows one player, to use four, and the arcade Salamander 2, allows four multiples, for each player, for a total of eight, on one screen. Second, I wish the game, will remove the timer, and the progress indicator, since this forces, the levels to be short, and are distracting. Gradius is not Super Mario Bros., or even the Irem submarine shooter, In The Hunt, where the timer is there, since you need to move the sub, to progress in the level. Since Nemesis Online, is auto-scroll, the timer is unnecessary. Third, Nemesis Online, is stuck to one level stages, and you can't scroll the level, up and down, or even loop around, using your spaceship, similar to the arcade originals.

Nemesis Online, should be a MSX style game, because the MSX was a computer. A computer game, recognizes you not only need a joystick/controller, but also the keyboard. Note MSX games, had you punching in keyboard cheat codes, and even required you, to have an extra game cartridge, for cheats, especially in Gradius, and Salamander MSX. (I found out online, you can use Tako, if you put in two Gradius cartridges, at once, or even Twinbee, with the Twinbee cartridge, according to the MSX Resource Center. Salamander MSX, becomes much easier, if you put in Nemesis 2, in the second slot.) Therefore, a MSX style game, can be arcade like, since it being a computer game, is its most important aspect. It shouldn't be retro. I found out Nemesis, is also called "The Final Challenge," on the Commodore 64, and the Sinclair. Interesting! Thank you.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...readid=3723226

Last edited by Hugo Lowenstein; 8th January 2018 at 21:58. Reason: Add some more.
Hugo Lowenstein is offline   Reply With Quote